Monday 30 April 2012

End of April 2011

I chatted with Tito JL briefly this afternoon and he told me that he is missing you. He said he just wanted to cry for no reason at all. And that also started me crying. I realized that it's the end of April. I had my last memories with you around this time. On April 30 last year, we had visitors at home all day. But early in the morning I remember looking for you and I found you inside the house painting the Santorini dome that I asked you to paint. Mama later told me that you actually didn't like to paint it and that you were only forced because I asked you to do it. But anyway, since I've never seen you in action before, I took a photo of you. Little did I know that that would be the first and last time I would see you do what you do best.

You never finished this artwork, instead you apparently painted something over it.

Then after that, I took more photos of you. This time with me, Daddy, Inang and Ading Linus. You were really shy to have your photos taken, but you never said no. I think you just had a shower that morning and we were under the mango tree. It also happened that Daddy was there so I started taking pictures. It was a good idea at that time because Daddy has not gone home in 10 years and the three of us really don't have a family photo. But thinking about it now, maybe I shouldn't have done that and just waited until Daddy and I are really old. I don't know but sometimes I'd like to think that if I didn't initiate that picture taking thing, then you would perhaps still be with us now.


On the other hand, I'm glad I did because at least now I can always look back at them when I am missing you. Yes of course I will definitely cry, but at least these photos remind me of the good times we've had with you.

For every picture tells a story of that beautiful child we all once had the pleasure of meeting.

I love you so much. I miss you.


Mommy Tintin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...