Wednesday 18 July 2012

Your swing

I suddenly thought about your swing this morning. I don't know why but I had to send a message to Mama to find out if they also removed it when they cut the mango tree down. Mama said Uncle Ambo took it down as soon as Tatang asked him to cut the mango tree. I thought I am over the fact that I almost lost the place where you, our family and friends made memories together. But when I was suddenly reminded of your swing, I felt sad yet again.

You've had the swing since you were small I think and you and your Adings used to fight over it. I remember we had two, but I can't remember if the other one was still there when I went home for your send off. Maybe it was still there but I just didn't take so much notice of it. I know your swing is really humble. In fact it was just made of wood and rope, then hung on a branch of the mango tree. But hey, it lasted very long right? And as far as I know a lot of children and old people like me have enjoyed that swing. So I was kind of upset when I found out that it was also removed. I was hoping that somehow, that part of the mango tree was left alone. But never mind, perhaps we can always put it back when the branches re-grow.

You know why that swing is also special to me? Because I have seen you sat on that swing alone a lot of times. Sometimes even early in the morning when you woke up, you would go and sit over there. Even Mama Es said that she would miss seeing you hanging out on the swing.

I know I took a photo of you on the swing and here it is:


I have been studying this photo and until now I still can't figure out what you were doing. I am not sure if you were looking at a tiny thing on your hands or you were in deep thoughts. Honestly, I have a few photos of you on your own and looking like you were thinking carefully about something. You have always been mysterious at times you know. 

Nothing really. I am just missing you so much. I love talking about you and I love you.

Good night my sweet child.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...