Saturday 21 April 2012

Damien Hirst

Daddy, Meow-meow and I went to the Tate Gallery this afternoon to see Damien Hirst's exhibition. Hirst is a modern artist and is considered to be one of the most prominent artists of his generation. This is apparently his first major exhibition held in London.

I thought I'd share this with you because when we were queueing for his most famous work, For the Love of God, there was this boy about your age who also came with his parents. The boy looked like he was forced to go to the exhibition. He clearly was not interested in the art work. He was constantly playing with the zip of his jumper, and then he started showing signs of frustrations. I am telling you this because while I was watching the boy, I was thinking to myself, "I wonder if Keith would also be interested in this". But knowing you, you would just go and see what its like without a single complaint.

I am not sure what sort of exhibitions you would want to see. But for sure, paintings would be on top of your list. I think you would also like Hirst's art works, but only some of them. Oh, you know what I thought you would like? He has a collection of fish specimens which are preserved in individual glass containers. I know you love fishes and Mama told me before that you used to do a lot of research on them. In fact, you apparently knew almost all kinds of fish. Then he also had one room containing live butterflies. They were so beautiful. I really wished you were with us because I know you would have thoroughly enjoyed that. Anyway, Daddy and I were among the last people to leave the room. I purposely stayed because I saw a blue butterfly and I was hoping that it will land on me. Unfortunately it didn't, but it was flying towards me and Daddy, only that  it went back to where it came from. Maybe the butterfly was shy, just like you.

I really felt bad when we were there because these are the kind of things that Daddy Don was looking forward to be doing with you. When I told him that I would take you to England for a visit next year, he was very excited. He kept telling me that finally, he would have someone to visit museums with. He was already thinking of the stuff that you may want to see. Unfortunately, Father God needed you sooner that I have ever thought.

You could have done and seen more if only Father God allowed you to stay with us a bit longer. Sayang lang talaga.

I will surely be visiting more museums with Daddy, and every visit will be dedicated to you.

I love you so much anak. I miss you so very much.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...