Wednesday 18 April 2012

Darwin and Martin

I was chatting to your friend Christelle this morning and she told me that her dog, One Eye passed away yesterday. She was so sad. I told her not to worry because if you see One Eye, I'm sure you will look after him. And then Christelle said her wish is for you to take care of One Eye and that she is happy now because she knows that there is someone who will look after him.

That conversation reminded me of your pets- Darwin and Martin.


Darwin is of course your gold fish. I don't really know how you came up with the name Darwin. I really would love to know. But anyway, I first saw Darwin when I went home last year but I really didn't pay attention to him that much. Until Mama told me how much you loved him. Mama told me that after waking  up each morning, you would go straight to Darwin and speak to him first before you speak to anyone in the house. Apparently, according to Mama you would say, "Good morning, Darwin! Kumain ka na? (Have you eaten already?)". And then sometimes you would tell Mama, " Mama hindi pa daw po kumakain si Darwin (Mama Darwin hasn't eaten yet)! Kawawa ka naman Darwin (Poor Darwin)". And then either you or Mama would feed him. 

Mama told me that Darwin has changed since you left. According to her, when she puts her finger on the aquarium, Darwin would rush to her and suck her finger, not directly though because of the glass between him and Mama's finger of course. Maybe that's Darwin's way of kissing Mama. Mama said that Darwin never used to do that when you were around. Perhaps Darwin misses you too because no one greets him every morning anymore. See, even the fish is affected by your leaving.

You know one thing that I have forgotten is to take a photo of Darwin. I forgot when I was there. So I am really glad that you painted him, hence the photo above. You really didn't put any title on your paintings, so I am calling this one "Darwin".


And then of course there's Martin, the talking bird. It is actually called Martinez. But you named him Martin. I don't remember how you got him. But I know that when you were young, you really loved birds. If I am not mistaken, you and Mama bought it from someone. I am not sure. Let me ask Mama the next time I speak to her.

Anyway, I have heard Martin speak a few times! And yes, he laughs like Ading Linus. And most of the time, I noticed that he only speaks when he hears Ading's voice or when Ading speaks to him. When I went home early this year, he was calling Papa. He was like, "Papa! Papa!". But I was most surprised when I heard him shout your name, "Kuya Keith, Kuya Keith". I thought that was so sweet. At least Martin remembers you also.

I really admire you for loving God's creatures anak. A lot of stories have been told on how you took care of ants, mosquitoes, sapsapuyot, grasshoppers, etc. You were extraordinary in so many ways. That is probably why Jesus decided to take you back before anything or anyone can stain your purity. 

We miss and love you so so much. I will never get tired of telling you this. Hugs and kisses from Mommy.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...