Saturday 12 May 2012

Henry VI in Macedonian

Your Daddy and I just got home from watching a play at the Shakespeare Theatre. I don't know if you would have liked theatres. We really never talked about it. Everything that I wanted you to know was music and art. Honestly, I was really never into stage plays until we moved to London. And I am glad that your Daddy is into these things because otherwise I will never have the experience. 

So tonight we watched Henry VI in Macedonian. There were no more tickets left for the English language so we opted for this one. Can you believe it? The play was in Macedonian. Although I didn't understand a single word the actors were saying, their actions were enough for me to follow the story. The actors played their respective roles very effectively. I have always admired theatre actors because it's just amazing how they can remember all their lines and talk for almost two hours. Not only that, they also have to project- they laugh, they cry, they get angry, they sing, they dance and more. And then there are no second takes. Unbelievable!

Daddy managed to get the cheapest tickets at 5 pounds each. Yes it was cheap but it meant that we should be standing to watch the play. And that's for two hours. I didn't mind because we got value for our money. We were stood right in front of the stage. Daddy was even able to rest his elbows on the stage. That's how close we were. The actors were actually making eye to eye contach with us. It was really cool. We could almost touch the actors. And then it was an open stage, meaning that you could actually see the sky while watching. It was such a great experience.

Then after the show, we realized that the director of the play was in the audience. So we approached him and congratulated him. Daddy was able to get his email address and one of the professor's contact number. Of course we took a picture with him afterwards. I had so much fun but in between I was thinking about you, wondering if you would have loved the play. 

I miss you so much anak. I love you. 


 Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...