Thursday 31 May 2012

Someone again asked if I had a child

Well I was not asked directly but our conversation went to that direction anyway. I was clerking a patient this afternoon and we were talking about children travelling. I told her that if I were to have a child, I would encourage him or her to travel at a young age. It's probably my fault because I didn't give her any clue that I indeed had a child.

As much as possible I don't want to tell my patients about you, only because it may be unprofessional to do that. But sometimes I really can't deny you. I would always want to tell people about you but at the same time I don't want to be emotional in front of people I don't know. But today I knew I had to tell my patient about you because she was very nice. After I told her about my plans for your future siblings, she was like, "Oh so you don't have a child?". I was not sure how to answer her to begin with but then I told her I had a son but lost him in January. She was very sorry to hear about the sad news. I went on to tell her what happened to you. She looked reallly interested in finding out more about you so I took the opportunity to tell her as much as I could. Then she told me that her former husband also lost a two year old child.

She told me it doesn't really matter how long it has been since I lost you because whatever I do the pain will remain for as long as I live. She's quite right. Because although I feel better sometimes, the pain don't completely go away and I don't think it ever will. It defintely makes me feel better talking about you, but then again not everyone I speak to are interested to know about you.

But I will never get tired of telling people about you. As long as I live, I will talk about you.

Missing you loads. I love you baby.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...