Friday 1 June 2012

Our mango tree is gone!

I don't even know how to say this to you. I received a text from Papa today saying that they have cut our mango tree down. He said he was very angry when he found out about this. I didn't know how to react upon hearing the news because at one point when you left us, I wanted it to be cut down because someone told me that mosquitoes breed on trees. But then I changed my mind and thought that we would not do anything to it anymore as Inang and Tatang didn't approve of my original plan. So I was confident that the tree will be there for a long time. Little did I know that they would cut it down eventually without my knowledge.

The only reason I could think of why they cut it down is because Mama has now built a house next to the tree and perhaps it's on the way that's why they decided to cut it down. But they could have at least told me and Papa first. I can't imagine our backyard without that tree anymore. It has been there for a while and it helped us a lot. I can't even remember how that area looked like before that tree was planted. I just feel so bad that they could not just leave it because that tree has become big part of my life, our lives actually. 

I maybe over reacting to this but that tree was special. We had most of our bonding moments under that tree. That was the only place in our backyard where we hung out most of the time. It was there where everyone had fun. It was where you would normally play with your Adings and the other children. A lot of our memorable moments were spent under that tree. I have always talked about the tree because I had so much memories under it. Actually, thinking about it now, one of the reasons why people love hanging out at our house is because they love staying under the mango tree. Because for some reason the air is fresher over there and the ambiance is good. But now that it's gone, where are we going to hang out? Where are your Adings going to play? Ad where would they play tong-its? It will definitely be so hot in there now. So perhaps no one will hang out at our house anymore.

Honestly, I cried when I found out about it. It felt like another part of me has been taken away. I know it's  a silly thing to be crying over a mango tree but it played an very important part in all our lives.

That mango tree was planted by Papa's childhood friend a day or few days before he took his own life. That was the only remembrance Papa had from him.

The next time I get the chance to speak to Mama and Inang, I will ask them to plant a tree for you to replace that mango tree. I don't think they made the right decision to cut it down. I am quite upset.

I will surely miss hanging out under that tree.


So sorry anak. I know you also loved that tree. I am sure there's a purpose behind all this. Just remember that no matter what happens, I will always love you. I miss you terribly.


Mommy Tintin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...