Saturday 16 June 2012

You probably would have been a priest

When you were in either first or second grade, your teacher asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up. You answered, "to be a fireman or policeman". I would have loved you to have said "a lawyer or a doctor", only because we were made to believe that these people ear more money than firemen or policemen. I was actually surprised you didn't say "train driver" because you were fascinated by trains. Papa even used to take you to Manila just so you could ride the train.

But as you grew older, Mama noticed a lot of changes in your aspirations. Your interests have become more art and music oriented. But even then, you never really mentioned that you wanted to be a full pledged artist or a musician (not to me anyway). Although saying that, you considered going to high school in Mt. Makiling.

Then you got into reading the Bible and prayer books. You prayed the rosary more often than anyone I know. You turned into this very religious young boy. Mama told me that when she noticed you reading the Bible and praying a lot, she wondered whether you wanted to be a priest. And when she asked you, you just simply smiled. I remember when I was telling my friend about you. She said that if you were still here, you would have been a "prophet" when you grew up. But then she said, people who don't have the "faith" may not have believed in you because they wouldn't understand that you were sent on earth with that purpose. Perhaps this is also the reason why God has taken you away, so that you will not have to go through scorning from unbelievers.

Inang's dream keeps popping in my head. Tito JL told me that they made you a Sto. Nino. And my friend also told me that you looked like Sto. Nino anyway. I am not sure, but somehow at the back of my head I am thinking that maybe there was something religious in you. Only if someone can definitely tell us what your real purpose on earth was. But for the meantime, I will just have to keep finding out about that purpose.

I miss and love you so much.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...