Wednesday 22 August 2012

Mommy's last day at work

After 10 years, I am finally leaving my job in Bristol. It took me this long to find the courage to get out of my comfort zone, but I guess it's worth the wait.

I couldn't wait for this day to come, because I know that after this day, I will be facing a completely new life in London with Daddy Don. While I was living between two cities for the last 7 months or so, I was not really able to take the whole of London into perspective. I felt like I was still just visiting the city. Now I can proudly say that I am a resident of London.

I feel sad because I will be leaving good friends behind. I have worked with wonderful people for the last 10 years and I am not sure if I will find the same colleagues anywhere else. They have seen me in my darkest and brightest days. They have seen me cry, laugh and honestly, they have seen a lot of my personality. And perhaps because I was true to them, I gained their respect somehow.

The least I could do today was to email some of my colleagues to say thank you and I received an overwhelming response. Some of the emails I received were not even expected. But nevertheless, I am really humbled by their messages.

So there, the end of an era. This has been the longest that I have stayed in one job. It has been a roller coaster ride and it took me 10 years to be where I wanted to be.

I know Mommy will be alright wherever she goes because she has an angel watching over her. I should really thank you for giving me the courage to try things that I thought I could never do. I wouldn't have gone for this job if it were not for you.

I love you anak ko and I am missing you loads.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...