Tuesday 14 August 2012

You didn't ask for anything but....

the ones that has got to do with school and your passion. I am so glad that you were not into gadgets at your age. We only bought you material things because we wanted you to experience it, and not because you've asked for it. We knew that you liked music that's why we bought you the mp3 player and the ipod shuffle. And Papa  wanted you to experience playing games just like other children, so he bought you psp. He then bought you netbook so you could use it to research for the things that you love like birds, fish and animals.

But when it came to your equipments for painting, you were very specific with them and only wanted the best. You knew exactly what you wanted. And so, even if they were quite expensive, Mama and I tried our best to buy you what you needed. Nothing was expensive because we knew it was worth it.

Then you wanted to be more active at school so you decided to join the Mathematics Guild, even if you knew you had to be at school on Saturdays. When Mama told me that you wanted to go to Naga for the competition, I didn't think twice about it. Because I knew that it was something that you loved and the only thing that you insistently asked for. I knew it involved quite a lot of money because you and Mama were going, but I didn't care because I was so proud of you.

Majority of the time when you needed something and if Mama or Inang told you that they didn't have money, you wouldn't have any tantrums. You would instead tell them to just buy it when they had the money. You really were not generally good at asking for anything. I think you were embarrassed. I remember when I used to ask you want you wanted me to bring when I went home, you always told me to bring whatever I can. I would think that any child would have a list of pasalubong that they want, just like Ading Cxyrelle. But you never did, unless we offered it to you. And I think that Ading Linus may have inherited that trait, because he doesn't ask for anything as well. Which I think is good.

Ah, I will miss buying gifts for you. Now I will only have to worry about two kids when I go home. Or maybe I can buy some for Aga and your friends. What do you think?

Baby, it's your birthday soon. I am missing you more now. I love you.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...