Sunday 7 October 2012

More on Heaven (from 90 minutes in Heaven)

So, to continue what I was telling you about yesterday, here are some more of the lines that I really loved from the book "90 Minutes in Heaven" by Pastor Don Piper.

" At some point, I looked around and the sight overwhelmed me. Everything was brilliantly intense. Coming out from the gate- a short distance ahead- was a brilliance that was brighter than the light that surrounded us, utterly luminous."

"Everything I saw glowed with intense brightness."

" I had expected to see some darkness behind the gate, but as far ahead as I could see, there was absolutely nothing but intense, radiant light."

"The farther I walked, the brighter the light. The light engulfed me, and I had the sense that I was being ushered into the presence of God."

"A holy awe came over me as I stepped forward. I had no idea what lay ahead, but I sensed that with each step I took, it would grow more wondrous. Then I heard the music."

"My most vivid memory of heaven is what I heard. I can only describe it as a holy swoosh of wings."

"It was the most beautiful and pleasant sound I've ever heard, and it didn't stop."

"Myriads if sounds filled my mind and heart that it's difficult to explain them. The most amazing one however, was the angels' wings. I didn't see them, but the sound was beautiful, holy melody with a cadence that seemed never to stop. The swishing resounded as if it was a form of never-ending praise. As I listened I simply knew what it was."

"A second sound remains, even today, the single, most vivid memory I have of my entire heavenly experience. I call it music, but it differed from anything I had ever heard or ever expect to hear on earth."

"Praise was everywhere, and all of it was musical, yet comprised oe melodies and tones I'd never experienced before."

"Hallelujah!" "Praise!" "Glory to God!" "Praise to the King!". Such words rang out in the midst of all the music. I don't know if angels were singing them or if they came from humans."

"None of the hymns that filled the air were about Jesus' sacrifice or death. I heard no sad songs and instinctively knew that there are no sad songs in heaven."

"In those minutes- and they held no sense of time for me- others touched me, and their warm embraces were absolutely real."

" I saw colors I would never believed existed. I've never, ever felt more alive than I did then."

" I saw only a bright iridescence. I peered through the gate, yearning to see what lay beyond. It wasn't an anxious yearning, but a peaceful openness to experience all the grace and joy of heaven."

"The gate wasn't made of pearls, but was pearlescent- perhaps iridescent may be more descriptive. To me, it looked as if someone had spread pearl icing on a cake. The gate glowed and shimmered."

"I paused just outside the gate, and I could see inside. It was like a city with paved streets. To my amazement, they had been constructed of literal gold."

"Everything I saw was bright, the brightest colors my eyes had ever beheld- so powerful that no earthly human could take in this brilliance."

"The closer we got, the more intense, alive, and vivid everything became. Just as I reached the gate, ,my senses were even more heightened, and I felt deliriously happy."

Reading those lines really reassures me that you are indeed in a better place than all of us. I just can't understand why God took you that early. If one day, I'll be able to find out the answer to that question, then I'll stop asking. But apparently according to the group that I met at The Compassionate Friends meeting, there is no answer. But I still would like to know.

I so miss you so much anak. You have no idea how much I think about you. Please know that Mommy loves you no matter what. I loved you before and I love you more now. How I wish you were here.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...