Monday 8 October 2012

Your Lyre and Mama's First Teacher's Day without you

Pedro M Arce Ecumenical School celebrated teacher's day today. Mama told me that they started the celebration with an early morning parade. You probably already know that Ading Linus has joined the drum and lyre corps. Remember when you were still at the SCMS, he wanted to just hold the flag? But when you left, he decided to follow your footsteps. He said he wanted to do everything that you did. So now, he plays the lyre and he's using yours. When I phoned last night, he was practicing with Ading Cxyrelle. Ading Linus apparently just recently joined and only had two practices, but he is already good. I heard Mama telling him to take care of your lyre because you managed to keep it immaculate. It still looks new according to Mama despite the fact that you've used it for how many years. I couldn't help but feel sad, because Ading Linus in his own little way also wants to keep your memory alive. I am sure he is not even aware that that's what he's doing, but the fact that he is now into things you were into, that's already an indication. How I wish Ading will speak more about you though. But I am sure he is doing something for you.

Now, this is what really made me cry. Remember on teacher's day, pupils line up to give gifts to their teachers? Mama's pupils did that and apparently, Mama was not expecting Ading Linus to be at the end of the line. She was surprised when she saw him. The only word Ading Linus said was, "Mama" and he hugged Mama very tight. So then Mama started crying. I know this is Mama's first teacher's day without you. I really admire Ading Linus, because even if he doesn't say anything, I know that he is trying his best to fill in your shoes. I know he will never be you, because you two are very different. Recently I noticed that Ading Linus has matured a little bit. Whenever I call home, he is not as makulit as before and he is very patient with Ading Cxyrelle. I really feel sad because I know he knows when Mama needed a hug and at that moment in school, even if Ading didn't have to be there, he went because he knew Mama needed comfort. I thought that was very sweet of Ading. Well, he is naturally sweet anyway.

Ading Cxyrelle on the other hand went to see Mama but she didn't hug her. She probably saw her crying that's why. You know how Ading is like/ She doesn't like seeing anyone cry.

Ah, that really started me crying. Now I miss you even more. Please baby know that we love you so much and we will do everything we can to keep your memory alive. We miss you every single day.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...