Wednesday 24 October 2012

That dreaded day of Nov 1

When I was in the Philippines I didn't mind going to the cemetery to light candles and offer flowers to our lost loved ones. In fact, I kind of looked forward to it because I got the chance to see my friends and get to meet other people whom I may know but have not seen for a while. For the last 11 years I didn't even pay much attention to November 1 anymore because in Engalnd, we don't really do All Saint's Day. I can't even remember doing anything on those days except perhaps pray for the souls of our beloved grandparents and Tito Ryan.

But this year is going to be definitely different. I don't even want to think about it anymore because I don't know how that day is going to be like for me, being away from our family on our first November 1 without you. I have requested the day off because I want to be at home, just in case it gets too much while I'm at work. I really don't want to make a scene. Most likely though, I'll be on my own because Daddy has to work that day. I am planning to take Meow to church in the morning and perhaps stay at home the rest of the day. I will call Mama of course. It would be good if there was wi-fi in the cemetery so we could all skype. Apart from that, I don't know what else to do.

Mama on the other hand have spoken to Tito Roman. Tito Roman will apparently arrange your flowers. He wants to put flowers all around your tomb to make it so special as you were. Thinking about it really makes me want to cry buckets. I can't believe that this year, our family will be visiting your grave. I don't know how Inang or Tatang will take it. As far as I know theyhaven't visited your new house on earth since the day we took you there. Inang told me she couldn't bear it. So I'm not sure what she's gonna do when November 1 comes.

I am expecting lots of flowers for you that day. I just hope that your friends and the people who knew will not forget you that day. Otherwise, it will break my heart.

I told Mama to make flowers for Daddy's Lolo and Uncle and also Paolo. I am not sure if Paolo's parents will be going home. I think they go home every year actually.

Ha, it's going to be so sad that day. How I wish things were different. But cest la vie.

I love you and I miss you so much anak ko.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...