Thursday 25 October 2012

Scouting month

So, you rushed a lot of things in the span of 11 years, but you seemed to have missed being a Boy Scout! I realized this when Mama told me that tomorrow, they will have a parade at school then they will go camping until Saturday. Then I suddenly thought about you because as far as I can remember, I never heard you talk about Scouting month or anything to do with being a boy scout. That's why I asked Mama if you were ever one, but Mama said no. But you apparently went to their school's scouting event. But you didn't do the camping though. 

Mama told me that you didn't have scouts in your school which I think was weird. I went to the same school as you, but October has always been a scouting month. We called it Investiture Ceremony wherein girl and boy scouts were awarded some kind of a pin and then they would say their oath. Then they become a proper scout. I have been a girl scout since grade school. I was even a team leader at more than one occasion. Maybe they don't have it in grade school. I don't really know but it would have been ice if they do have scouting month because it is completely a different experience.

Sayang you didn't experience to be a boy scout. I'm sure you would have loved it, the camping and stuff.

Twelve years later and 9 months since you left us, I am still learning a lot about you. I am just so glad that there is always something that reminds me of you. I want to get to know you more and at the same time, want other people to know more about you.

Mommy will always be proud of you. I love you so much. I miss you.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...