Monday 19 November 2012

Call me maybe

I remember the days when you were small and we used to talk over the phone. When you were a baby, Inang would give you the phone and you just mumbled incomprehensible, but very sweet-sounding words. This went on until you finally was able to say Mommy and your words became more meaningful. You actually have a photo while you were talking to me on the phone. From when you were a baby until before you left, you've always talked to me on the phone. Whenever I asked for you, you were always willing to talk. I really didn't realize that you loved the phone, until today when Mama told me a story.

When you apparently were about three years old, you randomly dialed a number. Mama can't remember how long you have been on the phone but she said that you seemed to have been enjoying your conversation with the person on the other line. You were as if really talking to someone who was entertaining to you. Out of curiosity, Mama took the phone from you and spoke to the person. She then found out that it was an old woman you were talking to. That was not the first, because after that you also have been calling Mama Es even if you knew that she just lives next door. And also, when you started grade school you often spoke to your friends on the phone. Mama told me that the most frequent friends you spoke to was Aga and Ethan.

And then few months before you left, you developed this habit of calling car dealers from the yellow pages. You were curious on how to buy a car. I really didn't see you as someone who loved cars, but for some reason you had those moments. Perhaps you just wanted the experience. I would like to think that at that time you knew you were leaving and you just wanted to know how it was to buy your own car. This is probably because you knew that you will never experience it anymore. 

I don't know how you communicate where you are now. Is there a chance that you can call me maybe? I'm sure you won't need a phone to call me. Perhaps angels have their own way of talking to their loved ones on earth. I would really love to talk to you on the phone again just like old times, just to tell you how much I love you and to hear your sweet voice once again. It would really be nice.

I miss you.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...