Wednesday 16 January 2013

Reluctant Believer

I grew up with a strong faith in God. Ama Berto (Inang's father) was a religious person, so we were taught to pray the rosary in the evenings and go to church on Sunday. Besides,  I went to Catholic schools. I don't know if I mentioned to you before that I was also a Cathechist when I was in High school. I taught grade school pupils from Central West and Sto. Thomas about Jesus. I used to read the Bible every weekend. Of course I went to church also on Wednesdays for the Novena and Sundays for the mass. It was a school requirement of course, but I was very religious anyway. 

I used to pray a lot, especially when someone was in trouble or we were having family problems. Not that we had a lot, but Inang was not well for sometime and no one knew what was wrong with her. So I always prayed to God to heal Inang and eventually, a doctor found out what was wrong with her. She underwent a major operation and she was a lot better ever since. I have always believed in answered prayers. In fact, until you left, I couldn't remember anything that I asked God that He didn't give me. That may be  a lie actually, but even when He didn't answer my prayers something good always came up. I used to write letters to God and put them under my pillow. For some reason I believed that when I do that, He would hear my prayers.

For the last 11 years, I was living the best years of my life. I had my dream job, everyone was healthy and we were complete as a family. Well sometimes Tatang was pasaway but that was okay, because we were all still together. The only thing that was missing I thought was a house for you and for Daddy and I, and then my life would have been close to perfection. 

But then the day came when I was desperate for an answered prayer and God didn't hear me, or so I believe. I was so helpless, I was willing to do anything God wanted me to do just to save you. But I heard nothing. Instead, He took you. And that's when I questioned my faith, God and everyone else. 

I am slowly trying to bring  that faith 100%, but I will be lying if I say I am not reluctant because I still am. If you or God can tell me why you were taken away, then I may easily go back to what I used to be. But until then, I will perhaps remain a reluctant believer.

Twelve more days before the day that changed our lives forever. It's getting harder and harder relieving those moments, but I know I have to be strong in order to find closure.

You are loved my baby, please never forget that. I miss you so much.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...