Thursday 17 January 2013

Kuya G

I came across Kuya G when he tagged Casa San Miguel in one of his photos. I actually liked all the photos he posted so I thought I would add him as a friend on facebook. Luckily he accepted my invite. I have since wanted to ask him about you. He may know you as he is associated with Casa and I thought he was working there. I really didn't have the guts to send him a message until last night when I was looking at one of his art work.

So I told him a little bit about you and then I asked if he knew you. He told me that he only started teaching in Casa last year, so he doesn't know you. You missed each other by a year. But he was so nice and he allowed me to talk a bit more about you and then I asked if I could show him your paintings. Remember when I said that only an artist or someone who is passionate about art can give a good interpretation of a painting? I thought Kuya G is a good artist and I'm sure he would have the eye for a painting. He was ever so nice that he took time to look at your paintings and then he got back to me saying that you were good. He even told me to be thankful because we had you. He also wanted to know how old you were when you painted those, but I could only tell him that you started painting when you were 9. There were dates behind your paintings but I really can't remember everything.

It made me really proud when he said that we were lucky to have you and that he wished he could have met you. My heart melted once more when he said that because you see, even just through your photos and your paintings, people want to meet you. Even when I tell stories about you to some friends who haven't even met you, they tell me the same. And for that, thank you for being the son that we could all be proud of.

Kuya G has an exhibit at the Casa in March. Too bad Daddy and I won't be there to see it. I would have loved to go. But I will tell Mama about it. I'm sure she would be interested. 

Hayyy, if only you didn't leave us then you will be meeting more artists. Never mind, I'm sure you have met better ones up there. :)

I love you so much anak. Missing you as always.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...