Thursday 31 January 2013

The first time I met your friends

31 January 2012- Mama told me that since you left, your friends have been going to our house everyday, sometimes even twice a day. So after class they all came to the house. I was actually surprised because suddenly there were kids passing by me while I sat few feet away from your eternal bed. The first I noticed was a small, quite thin kid with sunglasses on his head. Then he was followed by a taller and a bit chunkier kid and they were quite noisy. Mama said, " here they are, they're Keith's friends". I had to think for a second. I was like, "how could Keith be friends with them? They are far more confident than Keith. He must be so out place." But Mama reassured me that they got along very well and they loved hanging out with you even if you really were that quiet. So, Mama introduced me to them. They were all polite, which I really loved. They had me when they said "po". The girls came from our front door. They were pushing each trying, trying to get to you first. They were really fun to watch. Seeing them happy and playful at the same made me miss you so much more. I wished you've never left.

I jokingly asked who among them was your girlfriend. I'm sure anak you were really embarrassed at that time. I know you really didn't want to be teased about having crushes and stuff like that. Anyway, one of them shyly said, "ako po", and everyone burst out laughing. Another girl said, " no you're not" and  told us that there were a lot of girls who had a crush on you. In fact, your friend said you left a lot of widows. And then they started talking to you as if you were there. They said that you were guwapo. One of them kissed you and claimed that finally she has kissed you. I was so happy seeing your friends like that. They were hugging your eternal bed because they wanted to hug you. Your little friend was even asking you to get up so you could swim together. You have good friends anak and I like them.

Then it was time to pray the rosary and they all wanted to sit next to me. In between praying the rosary, they were telling me that I was beautiful and that they already loved me. Some of them were holding my hand and kissing me. I wished at that time that I met them sooner, so I could have seen how you were like around them.

Your bestfriend Aga came later in the afternoon. He too was quiet, just like you. I could see the sadness in his eyes. I hugged him when I saw him and couldn't help but cry. I can't imagine losing a bestfriend. It must also have been difficult for him.

There were a lot of children at that time. Most of them talked about how mabait you were. The children who saw your paintings admire your talent. Some of said wanted to be like Kuya Keith. "Ang galing, galing ni Kuya Keith" was all you could here. Some of them were just silently staring at your paintings. Others kept asking if you really painted those. They were obviously in awe. I was a very proud Mommy.

I am really glad to get to know your friends and I am hoping to stay in touch with them even if you're no longer here.

I love you so much anak. Missing you.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...