Friday 1 February 2013

The Ecumenical Service

Some people were saying that you were really inspiring because you were able to unite three of the biggest churches in our town- Roman Catholic, The Philippine Independent Church and United Methodist Church. Every night there was a mass at home. Either that or rosary and prayers. 

The day I met your friends, the rosary was led by Sister and that evening there was a service by the Methodist church. The support of your friends was actually overwhelming. Everyone wanted to be a part of your last days with us. Every night there were a lot of people. And if there was a mass or service, everyone participated too, even the bystanders.

I know it's always comforting to hear Songs of Praise and the words of God. But during that time, I felt more like they were just trying to make us feel better. Do you know what I mean? Because at that time, I wasn't sure if God truly loved us because if He did, I believed that He wouldn't have taken you away. And as much as I was overwhelmed by the presence of your friends and those who knew you, I was so jealous because I knew I wouldn't have you for long.

The mass and the services were very solemn. Pastor's sermon was very touching and somehow it reassured us a little bit. I know Pastor has been a great help to Mama since you left. I know that you also loved listening to Pastor's sermons because you've always asked Mama to attend the service at their church.


I miss you so much now baby. I love you.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...