Monday 4 February 2013

Your Last Night

04 February 2012- I was getting more and more emotional because I knew that we only had less than hour to be with you. When we have taken you to your resting place, that was it. We would never see you again. And the many people who came to join us for at least 7 days would soon disappear so the sadness that we would feel would be twice as much.

I stayed close by you the whole night. Apart from being embarrassed by the amount of people outside, I wanted to stay with you as much as I could because that was  our last night with you.

Your friends came earlier and left quite early too, but Aga stayed until about 2am. In fact he didn't want to go home, but we asked him to because his Dad was with him. 

Earlier that evening, there was also a mass. I was worried at first because I thought the amount of people present on your last night was not that much. But Inang and other people told me that that was already a lot of people. Maybe my expectations were just high that's why what was a lot for them, was not enough for me. But to be honest, inside our house, our backyard and outside (in the street) were full.

I don't think any of us actually slept that night. Even if we did, maybe only for an hour or two. 

We played your songs and your photos over and over again. It was getting more and more difficult and everyone was feeling it. The night went by quite fast. I didn't want it to end. I wanted you to stay a it longer, even if you were sleeping very peacefully. People were saying that you looked really happy because you looked like you were smiling. People were also saying that you were really handsome and most if not all of them, expressed their regrets of not meeting you personally and for going home to Jesus too early.  They said that you could have done more in life with your talents, your good looks and your good character. Everyone said you were "sayang".

When the last group of people left, it was Sunday at 6am and then we had to say good to you.

I miss you so much anak ko. Please remember that you're always in my mind. I love you.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...