Sunday 3 February 2013

Two days before your send off

03 February 2012 -  A lot of people still came to see you. There was one thing that really touched my heart. Kids from different schools came to see you too. But there was this particular group of kids that really stood out for me. I saw their school's name on the record of people who have donated money and apparently this group of kids contributed their own money in order to give it to you. That was so sweet of them. Some kids stayed by your side for a long time, looking at you and your paintings. They came and went, a lot of kids. It was really overwhelming.

Some people suggested that we should change your shirt into a barong tagalog or something. But Mama said to leave you alone because she knew that you have chosen that shirt over the barong anyway. Besides you really didn't want to disturbed. You didn't like it when people try to make you change your clothes or anything like that. You wanted things to be simple. So we left you in your favourite white button down shirt.

If I am not mistaken, this was also the day that Inang showed me your hospital bill and some of the tests that you had. Inang wanted to know if you had the right tests and treatment. I was not ready to look at it properly so I just had a quick glance at the paper. You had a few tests, huh! I'm sure they did everything they could. There was no doubt about that.

It was two days before your sent off. It was so hard.......

*****

Last night I dreamt about you. YOu were playing with Papa and Ading Linus. You were wearing a sleeveless white t-shirt and your shorts. It felt so real. I was also able to speak to you and touch you briefly. But when I woke up, I couldn't remember the whole dream. But I know I saw you.

Missing you so much already. I love you anak.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...