Tuesday 28 February 2012

30 Days in Heaven

Hi anak, today is your 30th day in heaven, and we miss you so very much. I had to set my alarm for 0330am so I could speak to your Mama via skype. While I was speaking to her, I heard some noise in the background. She told me that all your friends and your teachers were at home. They all had lunch there. She told me that your friend J was inside the house, looking at your photo. He was apparently crying. From what I can remember, you only became friends with J last year because he was a transferee from Manila, am I right? But anyway, I also chatted with him on facebook yesterday and he told me that Bruno Mars's "Count On Me" was also your favourite song, and that you used to sing it together. So, I bought it from iTunes so I can listen to it too. J also flew your kite while your other friends were having lunch.

This morning (Philippine Time), your Mama, Papa and your Adings went to church, that's why your Ading Linus was late for his class. Ading Kika was just fine I think. Then your Mama, Papa, Tito (Uncle) Roman and maybe some other people visited your house on earth. By the way, your Tito Roman said thank you for praying for him. Remember before you went home to Jesus, he asked you to help him find an item so he can be a regular teacher in a public school? Yes, he now has an item and it's all because you prayed for him and you helped him. Please continue to pray for us, especially your Adings, your Mama and Papa, Inang (grandma) and Tatang (grandpa). Tell Jesus to always keep them safe and healthy.

Do you want to hear a funny story? Apparently, Ading Kika saw Tatang crying while he was having lunch. Then Ading Kika told everyone playing "tong-its" about it. They were all laughing because Ading told them that Tatang is ugly when he cries. I can see you smiling right now. I know you and Tatang really didn't get on well when you were still with us, but I know in my heart that he loves you very much. He just loves teasing you and your Adings. He was crying because he misses you, kasi wala na siyang inaasar.

Going back to your 30 days in heaven, I just called your Mama now and I could still hear your friends from the background. They went back to our house after school, with their mothers this time. Your friends are very sweet. Actually, I was chatting with your friend C and Ading Linus a while ago, and they were playing games at the computer shop next to our house. C told me that they feel really sad. But only because they miss you. Some of your friends apparently asked permission from your Mama and Inang if they could play at our house every weekend, just like the old times when you were still here. Perhaps they can play with you in spirit and with Ading Linus.

I am just waiting for your Mama to go online again, because I know that they will be flying paper lanterns tonight. We know that all you wanna see now is a sky full of lighters (from your favourite song), but I am sure you are seeing loads of them where you are.

I will end my letter here because I need to get ready. I am going back to Bristol today as I will be working tomorrow. I'm sure people will be asking about you. I am not sure though if I am ready to say anything, because  what happened still really hurts. Please anak,  tell Father God to give us strength to carry on with life without you.

I may not be able to write to you for three days because I will not be bringing my computer with me. But I will try, okay? Nevertheless, I will be thinking of you constantly. I love you very much anak.


Mommy Tintin


P.S.
They flew the paper lanterns by the sea because they were too big. And guess what? Your best-friend Aga went to Boracay and bought you a shirt and a key chain. I think that's so sweet.

Kisses Anak!

2 comments:

  1. too sad to read this ading Tin, I'm crying while reading your letter, I know what you feel!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...