Monday 27 February 2012

Your Co-Angels

Since you left us forever, I have been looking for solace from different things, from different people. The pain remains unfathomable, but knowing that there are mothers and fathers out there who understand exactly how we feel somehow makes things easier. I have found a page on facebook (Grieving Mothers) where Angel moms gather together to express their love and emotions for their Angels like you. Then this morning, I was speaking to your Auntie Josie. She has also lost her only child. I am doing everything I can to ease the pain even just a little bit. And what comforts me sometimes is knowing that there were other Angels like you who were taken away too soon. You were all good children, talented and good-looking. I hope that one day soon, you will be able to meet them.

Tito Ryan (17) - Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of your Tito with me at the moment. But I will put it up here as soon as I find one. Tito Ryan was taken away from Mama Es and Daddy Henry when he was 17 years old. He was on his way home to Zambales from Baguio, when a stranger stabbed him on the chest. That day, October 3, 1996 is one of saddest days of my life. Your Tito Ryan was my favourite cousin. I am three years older than him I think. We went to school in Baguio together and we lived in the same building. Although we fought a lot as kids (he used to bite me a lot), when we grew up we became closer. He was good looking and talented as you. He was a good boy too.


James Paolo Senence (10)- Paolo was your Auntie Josie's only child. He became an angel more than a year ago. Auntie Josie told me before that you and Paolo went to pre-school at Pedro M. Arce. You probably know him. Pao is a distant relative. You probably didn't know that. Your Papa and I are cousins with Pao's dad. From what his mom told me, you and Pao were quite alike. You were both mabait. You were close to Jesus. And yes, you were taken away from us through the same way. When you see Pao, you can read the Bible and pray the rosary together. (Photo taken from Ate Jhosie's facebook page)


Jose Luis Dado (6) - No, I don't know Luijoe (his nickname) at all. I only came across him while I was searching for grieving mothers in the Philippines. His mom created a blog called "Touched by an Angel", inspired by him. I was looking for networks in the Philippines so your mama and inang have somewhere to go to whenever they feel the need to speak to people who suffered the same painful loss as us. Anyway, Luijoe was taken from his family in the year 2000, from a drowning accident. From what I have read so far, Luijoe was a happy child and he was loved by his family. He was the only boy (he had two older sisters). And guess what? He also loved music. Maybe if you see him in heaven, you can update him on current music trends, because he probably doesn't know who Bruno Mars is.(Photo taken from aboutmyrecovery.com.)

Maningning Miclat (28) - I found her through Luijoe's mom's website. She went home to Jesus in the year 2000, same time as Luijoe. Her story is quite sad, anak ko. She took her own life when she was 28. She was an acclaimed artist from the Philippines. I don't know if you knew about her, but I have been looking at her work, and your Daddy Don and I are very impressed. She was very talented, like you of course. You would really love to meet her. If you haven't met your Lolo Monet yet, I hope that you will meet Ate Maningning soon so you can paint together. 
(Photo taken from Maningning's Facebook Page)



Rico Yan (27) - Rico Yan was a famous actor in my younger years. I used to watch his telenovelas quite a lot. He became an Angel when he was 27. Just like you, Rico had dimples. I really don't know much about him apart from being an actor. But according to articles about him, he was a nice guy and that he put up a foundation that helped children to stay in school and value education.
(Photo taken from Rico Yan's Facebook page)





I know there are (a lot of) other Angels where you are, but when I am lonely and asking God why He chose you instead of some bad people out there, I think of these five Angels who were just as good, talented and good-looking as you. Somehow it reassures me that maybe, just maybe God indeed has a reason for taking you, beautiful Angels, away from us too soon.


I have to end this letter now anak so your Daddy can use the computer to study for his new job. As I've always told you whenever I spoke to you over the phone when you were still with us, I love you.


Mommy Tintin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...