Tuesday 15 May 2012

Mommy's ready for the 10k

I'm on the bus right now on my way to Bristol. I was not able to write to you before I left home because I was skyping with Mama and Papa. We didn't talk about anything much except your house. Papa was giving Mama instructions on what the carpenters need to do on the doors and stuff. Apart from that, nothing much really. 

So, yesterday was my last training day for the 10k. I managed to run that distance in 70 mins, 10 mins less than my target time. I think that's good enough, but Daddy told me to aim for less than an hour, which I think is impossible for me to do. Maybe next time. I think I may have hurt my hip though because it's been sore since I finished running last night. It's more painful at certain positions, like when I am lying flat and then suddenly move. But Daddy said that it's normal and that I just need to rest it. So I will not be doing any running until the day of the marathon. By the way, I bought a customised t-shirt especially for the marathon. My theme for the day is your theme- white and blue. Since I am running for you, I wanted it to be special. The t-shirt is blue and the prints are in white. And because you loved anything that "lightens" up, I have put a star on the left side of the shirt, right where my heart is. Then your name is inside the star and at the bottom, the word "lighters". Oh and on the main shirt in front is where your motto is written. See, that day will be all about you. Because if it were not because of you, I will not be motivated to do such crazy thing especially because I find running really boring. I am just waiting for the t-shirt and my pack to arrive now, then I'm really ready. I am excited to see it. They said it will arrive today so hopefully it will come later. 

Oh, I want to tell you a story that's completely different from our topic. Well, I was crossing the road to go to the coach station when this girl bumped me. She was pushing her child's pram and ran over my right foot. So I was like,"tsk". Then she heard me and said, "silly cow"! I was so irritated by what I heard because she should have apologized to me for running over my foot. The nerve of her to say that to me! So I answered back and told her on top of my voice, "you should have at least said sorry" and I just carried on walking. Then I have been thinking about that incident until now. I realized that I have changed. My old self would not say anything back in those circumstances. But this time I actually managed to open my mouth. But perhaps that's as far as I would go. You know I am not vey good with confrontations. Maybe I was furious because that woman was with her child and she said that to me. You know what I mean? Then bitterness struck again. Ah, I'd rather not say anything anymore because I may say something bad. I don't know but since you left, I kind of can't tolerate other people mistreating me anymore especially those who have children. Because you were taken away from me and why these mean individuals are still with their children? Oh well, .... 

Okay anak, i'm just gonna stop here as I am feeling dizzy now. I am always thinking of you. I am missing you so much. Love you loads. 


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...