Saturday 14 July 2012

Edvard Munch

Daddy and I, along with Ate Leng and Kuya Ron visited the Tate gallery this afternoon. And while Ate and Kuya went to see the Damien Hirst exhibition, Daddy and I went to Edvard Munch's.

As soon as we entered the first room, I started asking questions about you being an artist. I saw still photos of the artist and that gave me an idea on what to put in your future gallery. And then I started asking Daddy how to interpret the paintings. But according to him, it depends on the one looking at it. Maybe he's right. In most of the paintings that I have seen today and in the past, there is (almost) always a constant object(s) in the paintings. Just like you, in most of your paintings, there was the sun, the moon and the stars. It's quite interesting really. And I love to know why you've always used those three elements in your paintings, and even in some of your drawings.

Then we moved on and saw a small sculpture in the middles of a room. Daddy asked me if you would have tried it. I was not sure but then I remember Mama telling me that you have won a clay forming in the past, so maybe you would have tried this as well.

Another thing that we wondered about was photography. Mama told me before that you liked taking photos. Oh yes, I remember when I went home the last time. You borrowed my camera because you wanted to take photos of the birds and animals at Zoobic. So perhaps you had the interest too.

And yes, what about portrait? You haven't really painted any portraits, just drew them. Remember you drew myself and Dr. Jose Rizal? Maybe if you stayed longer, I'm sure you have painted more portraits. Sayang.

While I was looking at Munch's portraits, a boy caught my attention. He was trying to draw one of the portraits. I had a feeling he was about your age, so I went up to speak to him. He told me he was 10 years old. I asked him if he also paints and he said sometimes. But I assume he draws a lot. He told me that he started drawing when he was 5. 

This is one of the things that I regret the most. I was not able to bring you to museums so you could have done what this kid was doing. As I have told you before, Daddy was very excited for you to come and visit London so he can have a museum buddy. But now, these things will just remain a dream.

Maybe you have your own museum up there. Visit me soon so you can tell me how it's like over there. 

I miss you so much you know. There's not a day that I don't think about you. It's almost six months and I am still not completely over your passing yet. Things are better I suppose, but the pain is still there. Nevertheless, I love you so very much.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...