Tuesday 10 July 2012

Our hiking day

I received a good news from Mama when I woke up this morning but I will tell you all about it when I go back to London so that I can write to you properly. At the moment I am at a cafe waiting for Daddy to come back. He went to pay for our hotel. 

Anyway, we left our hotel very early- around 630am to start our hike. It took us an hour and a half to get to the first town. It would have been quicker if we didn't stop to take pictures. You know how what we're like. I have not hiked in years but I think it wasn't too bad. My fear of heights didn't take over my excitement to experience the hike so perhaps I did well. 

Because we started early, I wasn't very tired on the first part of our hike. On the second part though, I started feeling the heat. By this time, it was almost 9am because we stopped at the town to have breakfast first. Anyway, the second part of the hike is worse than the first one. It was more hilly and the trails were narrower. But the views of the Italian coast was amazing! I am glad I was wearing my trainers as I would have done the hike with utmost difficulty if I insisted in wearing flipflops. I have to submit to the fact that Daddy was right. Hehe. 

I was thinking about you during the hike because again I saw kids your age hiking. I wondered if you would have wanted to hike. Perhaps you won't right? You probably won't mind the hike itself, but i don't think you'll tolerate the heat. Daddy and I thought that if ever we have your brother or your sister, we would take them hiking. 

We will be moving to another town today and will spend my birthday over there. I don't know what we're gonna do yet but I am sure it will be as memorable. I wish you were there to listen to my hiking story when I call home on Friday. But never mind because I have told you about my experience first before anyone. I can't wait to go back and speak to Mama so I can tell you about the good news. It's the best birthday gift so far this year. Yes perhaps better than this Italian trip because it's all about you. 

I miss you so much anak. I love you okay? I will write to you again tomorrow.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...