Thursday 22 November 2012

It's time to give thanks

Well, although life has been really unfair to our family this year, I guess there are still quite a few reasons to be thankful.

First of all, I am thankful because I was able to spend 11 years of my life with you. It may have not been physically as I have been away from you for so long and only saw you once in at least two years, at least I had you in my life. And that's all that matters really. And now that you're an angel, I am still thankful that you left such a huge impact on me, our family, your friends and other people. You have no idea how much you have inspired us by just being yourself. How many people do you know who could have done that? And yes, you continue to inspire us through the person that you were, your talents and your music. Thank God for giving you to us even just for a little while. At least we were able to spend 11 years with a real angel. And thank you for in you, I realized my many dreams. I actually only realized that this afternoon and I will write about that separately. Thank you for the love that you have given us, for making us proud, for being the GOOD son that any parent would wish to have, for everything that we have learned from you, for being the BIG brother that your Adings can always look up to, for sharing your talents and your love for music and for being my inspiration. Please extend my thanks to Father God for giving you to us. Eleven years was never enough, but I can assure you that they were the best years of my life.

I am also thankful for the strength that you have given me and our family. We may not be quite the "harmonious" family that I have been praying for, but at least I know that we are still together. There have been quite a few challenges since you left, but thankfully we are managing to somehow move on with life without having too much trouble. It has been an emotional roller coaster for us but knowing that you're there for us gives us a little bit of comfort. It has not been easy at all not having you physically in our lives, but we have to live with the fact that one day we will be able to see your beautiful face again.

I thank God for keeping each and everyone of us healthy, especially your Adings. I hope and pray that He continues to keep us safe and healthy.

Of course, I am thankful that Papa and I are doing well in our respective jobs. 

You see, I am trying to look at the  brighter side of life. Losing you was too painful that sometimes even now I still feel like I have not seen the light. I know this is not true at all, but you know it feels like that sometimes. But as your Daddy Don always tells me, things could have been worse. And he's right. I know what happened to you was for your own good and I am still hoping that it's for our family too.

I miss you so much today and everyday of my life. I love you Balong.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...