Saturday 15 December 2012

I am still heartbroken

Daddy and I watched more about what happened in Newtown, Connecticut this morning and we both couldn't contain our emotions. We found ourselves hugging each other and then tears started to fall. It was like January 28, 2012 all over again. A lot has been written about the tragic incident and it gets too much to bear sometimes. I was not sure at first if I should be sharing my opinion on this, but there was something I really wanted to say and so I wrote this:

Watching the heartbreaking news about the Connecticut tragedy only brings back the painful memory when I received the phone call that our son has passed away. What happened to those innocent kids in Newtown is beyond anything any parent would have imagined. Lucky are those parents who still have their children regardless of how naughty or stubborn or of a headache they are, because us grieving 
parents would rather have our children that way than lose them. And please do not tell your children, "Now be good, look at what happened to those children", because anyone does not need to be good to be spared from any tragedy, they are not necessarily bad that's why they are taken away. Our child was the definition of a good child and I believe so as most, if not all of those kids in Connecticut and yet we still lost them. Just hug your children tight and let them know how much you love them today and everyday of their lives. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.


It's really hard to speak in times like this. But since I have been and still going through what could be the most difficult journey of motherhood, I thought I'd extend my sympathy to the family of those children.

Photo from Grieving Mother's facebook page.

I'm sure one day soon you will meet at least one of the 20 kids that were taken away on Friday. I know without asking you, you will look after them. We love you so much dear angels and we will be missing you for the rest of our lives.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...