Tuesday 18 December 2012

New angels laid to rest

Almost five days after the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, families and friends of the victims face what would be the most difficult day of their lives as this would be the last time they will ever see their beautiful children. I can't even find the right words to say at this moment. I have been reading news about the shooting and it just hurts so bad. Seeing photos of those beautiful kids just tears my heart out. It brought back memories when you left. 

There have been lots and lots of tributes for the children and their teachers. And I am really grateful that there are grieving mothers out there who are willing to lend emotional support. Honestly anak, they are also of great help to me. Somehow I find comfort visiting their site and exchanging messages with other grieving mothers.

I found this beautiful poem on the site and I would like to share it with you:

Remembering Newtown Connecticut 

Little faces, little hands
Tiny minds with weekend plans
Full of hope as Christmas nears
Replaced with parents' bitter tears.
Twenty children full of joy
Took just moments to destroy
All their futures swept away
On this sad December day.

Heroes hid them from his sight
Gave their lives up in the fight
Twenty-six have died in vain
Hundreds filled with grief and pain.
Pray for those who died this day
And for those who walked away
Lives were shattered...hope is gone
Pray that they can carry on.
This was such a needless thing
Yet it keeps on happening
Loss of life from senseless crimes
These are sad and frightening times.
Pray for those this evil harms
With broken hearts and empty arms
With Christmas gifts to be returned
And lessons better left un-learned.
People need someone to blame
The news for giving killers fame...
Our mental health and gun reform
And meanwhile violence is the norm.
Pray our world can turn around
That some solution can be found
That love can overcome the hate
And peace can be our countries' fate.

Jennifer Komives ♥ Copyrights 2012

photos from grieving mothers

I'm sure you will soon meet them in heaven. You can teach them how to paint and play the violin. I wish you can tell me when you've met them. How I wish.

For now baby, I want you to know that I love you so much. Mommy misses you so badly.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...