Tuesday 27 March 2012

Angel Moms

I have met quite a few Angel Moms all over the world since you have left. I thought it would be better for my recovery if I have friends who know exactly what I am going through. So I spend a lot of time in a group called Grieving Mothers on facebook. I get so much reassurance from them. And it is always nice to know that I am not alone in this battle you know. It is through them that I came to know that Mama, Inang and I are supposed to be Angel Moms. So you may ask, what exactly is an Angel Mom?

I found a good explanation of it from a new friend's wall on facebook. She also lost her only daughter almost a year ago. And here is what it means....

Angel Moms

We are the mothers who have been through unthinkable.
Outliving one or more of our children.
 We are in a group that nobody wants to belong to.
What do we have that other moms don't?
We have a birth certificate and a death certificate of our child.
We have people who don't want to be around us.
People who think we should go on with our lives.
People who think we should get over it.
Can our loss be compared to a loss of a mother, dad, grandparent, spouse or sibling?
NO, it cannot for there are no words that can explain the true meaning of grief that we feel.
What do we have?
Pictures and memories of our child gone too soon.
So when you see one of us please don't ever tell us you know how we feel.
YOU DON'T AND YOU NEVER WILL.
Mention our child's name for it is music to our ears and our hearts.
We are strong, eventhough at times we feel weak.
We are survivors, not by choice. But we are.


Inang, Mama and I deserved to be called Angel Moms even before you went home to Jesus. You were definitely an Angel on Earth. People might think that I am exaggerating, but certainly not. And people who knew you can testify to that. Perhaps God made the wrong decision to take you back that soon. Perhaps He should have let you stay longer so you could have touched more lives, inspired more people and help others to get to know Him more. Tell me, is God having regrets now? Please ask Him anak if you're not sure. I want to know.

I love you very much baby. You are terribly missed.


Mommy Tintin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...