Friday 23 March 2012

What not to and to tell an Angel Mom

For the last few weeks, I have spoken to a lot of people about you. They all have different ways of showing their compassion towards me. Some of them say it in words, others just simply by hugging me. I have one friend who has really comforted me a big deal. To be honest, she is one of the only few people whom I can speak comfortably with anything about you. She listens to my every story very patiently, and she never gets tired of hearing your name. And I thank God for people like her.

Today I found a poem by Judi Tawny Walker that somehow contradicts some of the things that are helping me cope with not having you around. Perhaps what may comfort me won't necessarily comfort other people. So for you to understand what I am trying to say, below is the copy of the poem. Honestly, sometimes at worst times, I feel like no words can ever comfort my broken heart. But then it is only but temporary. There will always be better days.

Please don't tell me you know how I feel,
Unless you have lost your child too,

Please don't tell me my broken heart will heal,
Because that is just not true,

Please don't tell me my baby is in a better place,
Though it is true, I want her him here with me,

Don't tell me someday I'll hear  her  his voice, see her his face,
Beyond today I cannot see,

Don't tell me it is time to move on,
Because I cannot,

Don't tell me to face the fact she he is gone,
Because denial is something I can't stop,

Don't tell me to be thankful for the time I had,
Because I wanted more,

Don't tell me when I am my old self you will be glad,
I'll never be as I was before,

What you can tell me is you will be here for me,
That you will listen when I talk of my child,

You can share with me my precious memories,
You can even cry with me for a while,

And please don't hesitate to say her his name,
Because it is something I long to hear everyday,

Friend please realize that I can never be the same,
But if you stand by me, you may like the new person I become someday.


I hope you're doing well up there. No one has heard anything from you in a while. Maybe it's time for you to visit us again. By the way, I met two Keith(s) today. They're both my patients. Although someone has upset me today, I still feel alright because I am seeing your name all the time. You're normally always in my mind anyway, but seeing it wirtten on the board is quite a bonus for me.

Have I told you I am missing you more each day? I love you always, Pochongchong.


Mommy Tintin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...