Thursday 29 March 2012

What Makes A Mother?

I met a few Filipinos today. One of them is from San Marcelino. I chatted with her for a while and towards the end of our conversation, she asked me if I had a child. I didn't know how to answer her. I really didn't want to tell her about you yet, because I've only just met her. Besides, everyone we were with were laughing and joking, so I didn't want to spoil that moment. I just told her, "no, but...". Then I realized I probably wanted to tell her what happened to you in private. I just didn't want to get emotional in front of people I barely know. You know I always cry when I talk about you, right? So I told her, I'd meet up with her again soon so we can chat a bit longer. Then I will tell her about you.

I may not have you now, but I am still a mother- to you my angel, to Ading Linus and Ading Cxyrelle and even to Ate Bianca and her siblings. After all, they all call me Mommy. When I got home from the training, I remember a video that I watched on the bus last night on my way home to London. It's entitled "What Makes A Mother". I was crying while I watched the video and I am sure any Angel Mom would. And the poem goes.....

What Makes A Mother


I thought of you and closed my eyes 

And prayed to God today, 
I asked, "What makes a Mother?" 
And I know I heard him say: 
A Mother has a baby,
This we know is true 
But, God, can you be a mother 
When your baby's not with you?

Yes, you can, he replied 

With confidence in his voice,
I give many women babies, 
When they leave it is not their choice. 
Some I send for a lifetime, 
And others for the day, 
And some I send to feel your womb, 
But there's no need to stay.

I just don't understand this God, 

I want my baby here.

He took a breath, 

and cleared his throat, 
And then I saw a tear. 
I wish I could show you, 
What your child is doing Here...

If you could see your child smile 

With other children and say, 
"We go to earth to learn our lessons 
of love and life and fear, 
but My mommy loved me so much 
I got to come straight here!" 
I feel so lucky to have a Mom who had so much love for me, 
I learned my lessons very quickly, 
My Mommy set me free. 
I miss my Mommy oh so much 
But I visit her each day. 
When she goes to sleep, 
On her pillow is where I lay. 
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek, 
And whisper in her ear,
"Mommy, Please don't be sad today, 
I'm your baby and I am here"

So you see my dear sweet one, 

Your children are okay. 
Your babies are here in My home, 
And this is where they'll stay. 
They'll wait for you with Me, 
Until your lessons there are through, 
And on the day that you come home, 
they'll be at the gates waiting for you

So now you see 

What makes a Mother, 
It's the feeling in your heart, 
It's the love you had so much of 
Right from the very start.

Author Unknown

I know you are very much okay where you are now. But I want to her it straight from you. Please visit me again and tell me you're definitely okay. I am missing you a lot. I love you.


Mommy Tintin


P.S. Guess what? I chatted with Iona yesterday. She told me they talk about you a lot. And yes, she also told me that she speaks to you in prayers. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...